Is That Your Cup in the Sink?
Bad manners and inconsiderate behavior at work are a widespread problem, according to
a recent survey of workplace issues. Findings indicate that the office behaviors people find most irritating are:
- Being late for meetings.
- Texting or checking e-mail during meetings.
- Leaving the photocopier or shared printers out of paper.
- Leaving the office kitchenette, microwave, or refrigerator a mess.
- Leaving the coffee pot empty.
- Foul language.
- Borrowing things like pens, staplers, or scissors and not returning them.
- Reading the papers on someone else's desk or the information on his or her computer screen.